Gettin there.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I posted sumtin

I sit here in the "quiet room" of Randall Library at 2:40 am, biding my time until my 11:30 Psych 105 exam which will mark the conclusion of my freshman year at UNCW. Nifty! For the first time in my scholastic career, or at least the first time in recent memory, I can honestly say that I busted my ass in studying for this one. Figured I'd go out with a bang, perhaps bust the curve and make all of those Honors girls cry. That's the goal at least.

I've grown a lot this year. I've rekindled some old relationships with buds that I never should have disregarded, and built some new long-lasting ones as well. Sadly, I have lost a couple significant relationships. I don't like to dwell on those.

I guess you're waiting for that unmistakable Chadley T sarcastic, assholic wit to come out, but I think you just may be disappointed tonight. My heart just isn't in it right now. And that isn't to say I'm not in a good place. It's just different, and that's about all I can say about it.

"Awww, c'mon Chad, goin soft on us eh?"

Yeah, I guess you could say that. And it feels kinda good to just be typing up a couple sappy, soft paragraphs right now.

Alright, now on to some news of note.

  1. The Fraternity (NOTE: "Fraternity," not "Frat") is officially back on campus beginning May 16th. Saying I'm excited about this would be an understatement, but it's more an excitement for the unknown than for the inevitable events that will follow. Sure, this means mixers, semiformals, formals, not having to lurk in the shadows as "The Bad Boys" (A reputation that I did enjoy in a way), but that's all surface stuff. Having guys that you can count on for life is what drew me to the Greek scene, and I'm looking forward to building the already-strong bond I've made with a lot of my Delt Brothers. Yeah, I said it!
  2. I will no longer be living on campus next year. Accompanied by my admirable Delt brothers Ryan Jaccard and Colie Woods, as well as Wilmington nOOb and partner in crime Drew Phillips, I will be moving to a house a couple miles away from the confines of UNCW. This needs to explanation: It's going to be a good year. and with rent that probably won't exceed $300 a person including utilities, a helluva better deal than the shit I was paying for on campus. Yes, you can come crash on my floor.
  3. I will be working at Rita's Water Ice next to Tony's and Jimmy John's this summer. Make sure to come by and see me and perhaps I'll hook you up with a cool treat free of charge.
That's about all for now. A few hours of shuteye before I ride this year out in a blaze of glory. 

1 comment:

ttcpq said...

Yes it's been quite a year. You've seen so much, endured so much, grown so much.Miles away from that High School kid of even last August. I hardly know you...Not true. You are exactly who I knew you would be. Stay strong and true to your heart.It will not let you down.Welcome home man.