Gettin there.

Friday, May 9, 2008

Radiohead

AP exams are now over, thus ending any work that I have had to do this entire year. With the tough stuff out of the way, I can cruise through my remaining exams and graduate just like Andy Bernard did at Cornell: On Time.

Tonight I attended the Radiohead concert. I'd like to say that I am very pleased with my recent concert-per-week average. There is no way that I could compare it with last week's concert: outdoor versus indoor, very chill post-modern rock versus a variation on emo-pop. However, I will say that although my eardrums were ringing after last week's Circa Survive show, I preferred the volume level to tonight's show at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre. I really expected to hear Thom Yorke and company blaring through the speakers, and was disappointed to find that they weren't really loud at all. The blame does not fall on the shoulders of Radiohead; Verizon just isn't the greatest concert venue as far as sound is concerned.

Our location was pretty awesome though. Right in the middle of the lawn. Not only that, but lightning was streaking the sky as we got there, and a cool drizzle came through about halfway into the concert. Needless to say, shirt was stripped from body and ridiculous dance moves ensued.

Song of the night honors had to go to "Bodysnatchers." For one thing, it sounded the loudest. Plus, everybody got into a good groove dance-wise. Pretty nice.

No comments: